Shopify is the biggest Saas (software as a service) eCommerce platform worldwide. It’s not a coincidence that more than 4 million brands choose Shopify (source: Builtwith). In this article, we will guide you through all the benefits and awesome features Shopify has to offer.
Amazing dashboard and CMS
Shopify uses a very powerful and user-friendly dashboard. You can manage your entire website with it. From adding new blogs, editing pages, and managing your products to processing orders. It also comes with a built-in analytical dashboard which gives you an excellent overview of what your users are doing, how they behave, where they come from, how many visitors made it to your cart page, and what your daily/weekly and monthly sales are.
Shopify is a hosted solution. This means that Shopify’s software is hosted on its own servers and run internally by the Shopify team. This is a different approach compared to other software providers like WooCommerce, Magento, and Lightspeed. You must host the software yourself and are responsible for updates and any technical issues when the software is not working correctly.
The three main advantages of a hosted solution.
- Safe & Secure. No need to worry about safety, updates, or back-end bugs, and therefore more time for other important tasks and focus on business growth.
- No maintenance charges. Shopify handles everything that usually needs to be done by skilled developers, saving you on monthly maintenance charges.
- Quick and reliable hosting. Your site will be hosted on a content delivery network (CDN). A CDN is an extensive network of servers worldwide to ensure your customers can load your website store quickly, no matter where they are. Shopify’s CDN is operated by Fastly, one of the most reputable CDN companies.
Fixed all-in rate
Shopify plan starts at $29 p/m. This gives you access to all the Shopify software. In our opinion, a fair and competitive price. Payment processing is not included. You can choose Shopify Payments or other providers like Mollie. The exact price depends on the payment method selected.
Built to scale
A big advantage of Shopify is that the platform is built to scale. So if you start small but have huge ambitions, Shopify is an amazing choice. For example, these big names use Shopify as their eCommerce software.
- Huel ($1M-10M est. monthly sales)
- Gymshark ($1M-10M est. monthly sales)
- Ring ($1M-10M est. monthly sales)
- JB Hi-Fi ($1M-10M est. monthly sales)
- Decathlon (10M-$25M est. monthly sales)
These big names show that Shopify is a really powerful and solid platform. And ready to take your business to the next level!
Great development workflow
Probably not something you directly care about, but because Shopify is awesome to work with, developers can completely focus on creating the best user experience and usability instead of focusing on technical issues. And that’s a big fat benefit for you ;)
Great apps to choose from
Shopify has a variety of apps that will make your store more robust, including built-in marketing tools. It integrates easily into Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, the most famous social media platforms that pave the way to boost product promotions. Klaviyo a popular e-mail marketing platform, integrates seamlessly with Shopify.
Lots of innovation
Because Shopify has grown into the world's most popular eCommerce platform, it further innovates its platform and services. We believe that if you don’t innovate, you are going backward. Using Shopify, you are assured of using an innovative platform.
These are the main benefits why I'm a big fan of Shopify. Are you not sure yet if Shopify is the right system for you? Feel free to send me a message.